Sea Foam Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Sun 11 Apr 2021, 5:54 am
Affiliates
Kecleon Island

Gone by Michael Grant

Go down

Gone by Michael Grant Empty Gone by Michael Grant

Post by Wolfson Sun 04 May 2014, 7:15 am

I've read this series by Grant called Gone, which revolves around the kids of Perdido Beach, who are all younger than 15, when everyone else over 15 suddenly disappears. I don't mean the suddenly start disappearing. I mean they literally disappear into thin hair (what up, Junie B. Jones reference). To quote the book:
Gone wrote:No “poof.” No flash of light. No explosion.

Neat, huh? So anyways, it's later revealed that some killed have powers; the Freaks. And thus begins a series of survival, with alliances, betrayals and romances (don't worry, still a better love story than Twilight).

The thing that has my pants in a knot is the fact that this series might, emphasis on might, get a TV series. I honestly hope it does, even if it might ruin the book, as I tend to expect adaptions to have every little detail from the books. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up that Quinn will be wearing a fedora when the poof happens or that Astrid will suddenly lose her power (Grant thought it was uninteresting and got rid of it in the second book) but still. You never know.

I recommend you guys read this book, it's really nice. It's science-fiction, by the way. And I'm gonna throw this in here: Edilio Escobar is my favorite character. ^v^
Wolfson
Wolfson
Corporal
Corporal

Aries Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum